It was in 1888 that businessman and industrialist Carl-Friedrich Bucherer opened his first watch and jewelry store in Lucerne, Switzerland, thus laying the foundations for a successful family business. Today, more than one hundred years later, BUCHERER is proud of the fact that they lead the Swiss watch and jewelry retail sector. The family-run business, steeped in tradition, is currently in its third generation and run by Jörg G. Bucherer, who is the Chairman of the Board of Directors. It has some 1200 employees. The name BUCHERER is known well beyond the borders of Switzerland and stands for quality at the very highest level.